OVER $10K IN MONEY & PRIZES FOR THE WINNERS
The Shea Changemakers campaign has been created to highlight and support some of the incredible Blak and First Nations women making a difference in their communities.
If you know a Blak or First Nations changemaker in your community or are a Blak or First Nations changemaker yourself, this is your opportunity to nominate. The 2021 Shea Changemaker winners will share in over $10k in money and prizes.
A changemaker can be someone who is helping in the charity sector, providing a service, education, launching or running a business, or simply making an impact in the community or their life.
SheaMoisture is the legacy of Sofi Tucker, a changemaker in her own right. The brand dates back to the year 1912 where one Sofi Tucker started to sell Shea Nut at the village markets in Bonthe, Sierra Leone. By the young age of 19 Sofi was selling Shea Butter Africa soap and her homemade skin preparation all over the countryside, supporting her young family of 4. Pioneering fair trade through Community Commerce in Africa and abroad, SheaMoisture applies local expertise and gives back 10% of sales to women-led businesses.
How nominations work:
- Complete the nomination form. Answer a series of questions and upload a photo of the nominee.
- A panel of judges will select the final nominees.
- The final nominees will be shared on sheamoisture.com.au via the voting page. The public and the Shea Community will have the opportunity to vote for the 2021 Shea Changemakers. Winners will be based on the number of public votes.
- First place will receive a $3000 grant, along with a SheaMoisture gift pack.
- Seven runners up will receive a $1000 grant, along with a SheaMoisture gift pack.
- All final nominees will receive a Shea Moisture gift pack.
- Nominations open 1st August 2021
- Nominations close 18th September 2021
- Nominees to be announced and posted online by 30th September 2021
- Public voting open between 1st October – 31st October 2021
- Winner and runners up to be announced by 10th November 2021